limitierte 3CD Box
incl. 19 % VAT excl. shipping costs
weight 0,20 KG
preorder, release in 12 days.
limitierte 3CD Box
lim. 3CD-BOX ASP "Kosmonautilus"
Finally it continues!
KOSMONAUTILUS - “Die ganze Welt” limited box edition
- Sturdy slip lid box
- Finished with satin gloss silver foil blocking
Book with 3 CDs
- CD #1 contains the new studio album ‘Kosmonautilus’
- CD #2 includes 9 bonus tracks, featuring:
- The new ASP studio cover version of ‘Nessaja’ (Peter Maffay)
- Five stirring live versions of various ASP everblacks recorded on the 20,000 Meilen tour (live tracks recorded at different concerts!)
- A thrilling cover version of the new ASP hit single ‘Tintakel’ by TWO MINDS COLLIDE!
- A special ‘shortcut’ version of ‘Bones’
- Extra CD with 14 of Asp’s logbook entries on the evolution of ‘Kosmonautilus’ read out by the man himself
- Lavishly designed hardback picture book
- With mysterious, (deeply) intoxicating graphics by 3D specialist Thomas Klieber („Me“ video clip)
- The book contains additional photos by cult artwoker Stefan Heilemann (LINDEMANN, NIGHTWISH, OOMPH!, DIMMU BORGIR, EPICA)
- 72 pages, in a large format worthy of the superb visual imagery (approx 28 x 28 cm)
- Fine art print on high-quality, wood-free, glossy coated 150g paper, with elaborate black thread stitching
- Black front and rear endpapers
- Includes complete profound album lyrics by gothic novel specialist Asp
- 28 page ASP wall calendar (January 2020 - December 2020)
- Hand-numbered certificate of authenticity with stylish spot varnishing
- Strictly limited to 4,000 copies worldwide
In 2019, ASP embark on the next stage of their ‘Fremder’ song cycle, bringing the journey they began with their Top 10 album ‘fremd’ and the story they expanded upon on their number two-placed album ‘MaskenHaft’ to a new climax. The direct follow-up to the acclaimed ‘ZUTIEFST’ album goes a step further, revealing itself to be highly emotional, full of attention to detail and above all, presenting a high risk of being infected by earworms. Each song captivates thanks to its very own fantastical treatment, with mastermind Asp Spreng setting about his work with relish. Even though, as usual, the album appears lyrically demanding, offering ASP fans lots of allusions and back references, with ‘Kosmonautilus’ you feel an energy that seems to be in contradiction to the complexity and profundity of the lyrics. The hit density has been increased once again. One gothic novel rock stormer follows the other, and future live evergreens follow hot on each other’s heels.
This time, Asp and his band are especially adroit: At first glance, everything seems to be as before, with the formula for success just having been refined a little further. But yet: The boldness and willingness to experiment are apparent in the musical and lyrical detail. Once more, new genre boundaries are stealthily transcended. Once more, the band reinvents itself, yet gradually, cautiously and without the effects being immediately strikingly apparent.
As ever, well-told musical stories remain in the foreground, Asp inventing them so precisely as never before. One thing becomes clear: Although all the songs work well on their own, everything is interrelated in enigmatic fashion. More and more of ASP’s cosmos reveals itself. How the ‘Schmetterling’ cycle and ‘Fremder’ are intertwined is revealed to all those who open themselves up to it. For everyone else, it remains probably the most cunning and entertaining work that the darker music scene has to offer. Tattoos that have come to life and undead seagods romp about, as do the restless spirits of seafarers who were driven to madness. And this is supposed to be great fun? Yes, and it is.
Unlike barely any other band, Asp combine lyricism, music and artwork to form a unique total work of art. With ‘Kosmonautilus’, they drive their efforts to new heights. All images stem from the 3D forge of creature designer Thomas Klieber, whose figures are so photorealistic that they could conceivably be creatures from the world we know. The result is a panopticon of likeable horror, like you might find in a Hollywood blockbuster.
ASP remain an unfathomable phenomenon in the German music scene. For years now, tirelessly and with a burning passion, they have been winning over an ever-greater audience - and across all scene boundaries. As they do so, the musicians and their art always remain authentic. Without even the slightest currying of favour with the mainstream, they regularly manage high positions in Germany’s official music charts. For a long time now, connoisseurs of challenging lyrics and profound rock music have noticed that there’s no escaping ASP and that there’s nothing to fear from the ‘man in black’. At least, not much.
- Morgengrauen irgendwo
- Abyssus 2 (Musik)
- Tritons Fall
- Liebes Licht
- Schatten eilen uns voraus
- Abyssus 3
- Abyssus 4
- Abyssus 5
- Torpedos (Live in Stuttgart)
- SonaArta (Live in Dresden)
- zutiefst (Live in Oberhausen)
- Astoria verfallen (Live in Heidelberg)
- Das Kollektiv (Live in Leipzig)
- Tintakel (Totally Covered by Two Minds Collide)
- Abyssus 2 (Orchestral Reprise)
- Bones (Boneshaw Shortcut)
- Logbucheintrag: Rückfall
- Logbucheintrag: Morgengrauen
- Logbucheintrag: Phragmokontrolle
- Logbucheintrag: Abyssus 2 (Musik)
- Logbucheintrag: Tritons Fall
- Logbucheintrag: Eishimmel
- Logbucheintrag: Liebes Licht
- Logbucheintrag: Tintakel
- Logbucheintrag: Schatten eilen uns voraus
- Logbucheintrag: Abyssus 3
- Logbucheintrag: Abyssus 4
- Logbucheintrag: Abyssus 5
- Logbucheintrag: Kosmonautilus
- Logbucheintrag: Bones